1. A bad beginning makes a bad ending.
2. A bad thing never dies.
3. A bad workman always blames his tools.
4. A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
5. A boaster and a liar are cousins-german.
6. A bully is always a coward.
7. A burden of one's choice is not felt.
8. A candle lights others and consumes itself.
9. A cat has 9 lives.
10. A cat may look at a king.
11. A close mouth catches no flies.
12. A constant guest is never welcome.
13. Actions speak louder than words.
14. Adversity leads to prosperity.
15. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
16. A fair death honors the whole life.
17. A faithful friend is hard to find.
18. A fall into a pit, a gain in your wit.
19. A fox may grow gray, but never good.
20. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
21. A friend is easier lost than found.
22. A friend is never known till a man has need.
23. A friend without faults will never be found.
24. "After you" is good manners.
25. A good beginning is half done.
26. A good beginning makes a good ending.
27. A good book is a good friend.
28. A good book is the best of friends, the same today andforever.
29. A good conscience is a soft pillow.
30. A good fame is better than a good face.
31. A good husband makes a good wife.
32. A good medicine tastes bitter.
33. A good wife health is a man's best wealth.
34. A great talker is a great liar.
35. A hedge between keeps friendship green.
36. A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
37. A leopard cannot change its spots.
38. A liar is not believed when he speaks the truth.
39. A light heart lives long.